Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2015 » September » House fire on Burford Road, Evesham

House fire on Burford Road, Evesham

in News

Two fire engines from Evesham Fire Station were called to a serious house fire on Burford Road, Evesham in the early hours of Tuesday (8 September) morning. On arrival crews quickly realised the incident could spread into neighbouring properties and requested additional fire engines from Pershore and Broadway along with an Ariel Ladder Platform from Worcester Station.

Early intervention at the scene by the initial crews helped to stop the fire spreading to adjacent residential and commercial property. This allowed Bear Garage to open for business as usual.

Station Commander Phil Griffiths said "Smoke detectors provide an early warning of a fire and can give occupants vital extra minutes to escape, especially at night. But a smoke alarm can only save your life if it is working and the battery is checked regularly".

This incident serves as a timely reminder for Landlords of the regulations that will come into force on the 1st October 2015. Landlords will be required by law to install working smoke and carbon monoxide alarms in their properties in England

For more safety advice and tips on how to protect your home from fire visit www.hwfire.org.uk

Ends

Issued by:
Louisa Nicholas
Corporate Communications Administrator
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service
Tel: 01905 368 312
LNicholas@hwfire.org.uk