Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2013 » April » Crews called to leaking fridge

Crews called to leaking fridge

The Service was alerted to the incident just before 2.15pm and crews from Ross and Whitchurch attended, along with the Environmental Protection Unit from Stourport and the Incident Response Unit from Droitwich.

Firefighters found that a fridge in living accommodation above the pub was leaking ammonia refrigerant gas and so they moved the fridge out in to the open and then ventilated the property using positive pressure ventilation fans.

Five people from the pub were given precautionary checks by ambulance staff after possible contact with the leaking ammonia gas.