Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2011 » November » Fire in first floor flat

Fire in first floor flat

Two fire engines from Malvern attended and firefighters in breathing apparatus led a male occupant from the first floor flat to safety. He was checked at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation but was otherwise unharmed.

The fire was extinguished with the use of a hose reel while positive pressure ventilation equipment was used to clear smoke logging.

Damage to the property was minimal and fire officers are working with the police to establish exactly how the fire started.