Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) was called to the address in Jarvis Street at 7.29pm, and firefighters in breathing apparatus went into the smoke-filled property to search for two occupants known to be inside.
An elderly male and female were rescued from the house, both in a critical condition. Both have since died, with the female pronounced dead shortly after the incident while the male was confirmed dead this morning.
Area Commander George Sherry from HWFRS said: "Sadly the elderly couple both lost their lives following the fire, and our thoughts go out to their family and friends."
He confirmed that a full investigation into the fire is underway, and that initial findings had established that the blaze started in the kitchen and is confirmed to be accidental.
He also confirmed that the Fire Service had called at other properties in the area to offer local residents reassurance and relevant home fire safety advice following the fire.