Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2013 » May » Mobile home destroyed in fire

Mobile home destroyed in fire

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) was alerted to the fire at the mobile home in Widemarsh Street just after 9.35am on Saturday morning (18 May), and two fire engines from Hereford and one from Fownhope attended.

With the occupants safely evacuated, firefighters in breathing apparatus isolated LPG cylinders being used in the mobile home and then used one hose reel to tackle the fire.

The mobile home and its contents were completely destroyed in the blaze.

Station Commander Neil Pigott from HWFRS said: “This was a severe fire and it was fortunate the occupants noticed it when they did and were able to escape unharmed.

“It serves as a reminder for everyone with a mobile home or caravan to ensure that they have smoke detectors fitted and that these are tested on a regular basis. As with a smoke alarm in your home, a working alarm really can save lives.”

He confirmed that the fire was accidental and was most likely caused by an electrical fault with the fridge.