Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2013 » May » Warning following shed fire

Warning following shed fire

in News

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) was called to Cedar Close at around 8.10pm following reports that a large shed at the address was on fire. Two fire crews from Hereford Fire Station attended, and two hose reel jets and one main jet were used as the fire was brought under control. Western Power was also called to the incident to isolate some fallen power lines.

A man, who suffered burns to his hands as he tried to fight the fire in its early stages with a garden hose, was treated by paramedics at the scene.

The shed and its contents were completely destroyed in the blaze and there was also some damage to the fence of an adjacent property.

Confirming that the fire involved a log burning stove in the shed, Station Commander Adrian Thompson from HWFRS said: “We’d urge anyone heating their sheds and other out-buildings to exercise caution. Take as much care as you would with your heating in the home, and never leave the shed unattended with the heating still on.”