Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2012 » January » Warning following TV fire

Warning following TV fire

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) was called to Whitecross Road in Hereford just after 8pm last night (Tuesday 10 January) following reports of a fire in the bedroom. Two fire engines from Hereford attended and firefighters in breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.

A female at the address was treated by paramedics for the effects of smoke inhalation after trying to extinguish the fire herself using a bucket of water. HWFRS advises anyone discovering a fire in their home is to Get Out, Stay Out, Call 999, turning off the mains electricity supply only if it’s safe to do so.

Fire damage was confined to the television set in the bedroom where the fire started.