Tenbury firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a farm at Rochford just after 6pm on Friday evening (18 January), while a crew from Evesham went out to a chimney fire at a house in Village Street, Harvington, at around 6.25pm.
Leominster firefighters then attended a chimney fire at The White Swan in Eardisland at 6.30pm the same evening, and then a crew from Bromsgrove were called to reports of a chimney fire at The Bell in Stourbridge Road, Belbroughton, just before 8.30pm.
At 11.10am the following morning (Saturday 19 January), crews from Stourport and Kidderminster removed a woodburning stove from a property in Hanstone Road, Stourport, following a chimney fire, and then at 8.30pm on Saturday evening, two crews from Malvern made safe a fireplace at a house in Fromes Hill, Ledbury, after a quantity of logs stored above a woodburning stove caught fire.
Station Commander Alan Haley from HWFRS said: “Thankfully none of these incidents caused serious damage or injury but chimney fires do have the potential to spread to other parts of a property if not detected and dealt with early.
“Many chimney fires are avoidable simply through good care and maintenance, and we would urge anyone whose chimney is due a clean to book an appointment now to prevent the build-up of soot and debris and the increased risk of a fire.”
Full chimney safety advice and a list of approved chimney sweeps operating locally is available here.