Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2014 » January » House Fire in Redditch

House Fire in Redditch

House Fire in Redditch

Six fire appliances were sent to the incident and on arrival firefighters were faced with a severe fire involving the ground and first floor of the terrace property. The female occupant of the property was treated for smoke inhalation after discovering the fire upon returning home. The fire is believed to have started in a tumble dryer.

Crews wearing Breathing Apparatus were immediately committed to the property deal with the intense fire, involving about 90% of the property. A Compressed Air Foam System and 18 firefighters in breathing apparatus were used to bring the fire under control. Station Commander Robert Allen from HWFRS said: “The crews worked hard to extinguish what was an intense fire, believed to have started in a tumble dryer. Thankfully no one was seriously injured.”

He urged people to make sure they have smoke alarms installed on each level of their home and to test them on a weekly basis. He also encouraged people to close internal doors and to switch off electric appliances where possible when leaving the house and as part of their night-time routine.