Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2011 » November » Tumble drier fire

Tumble drier fire

One fire engine from Bromyard and two from Worcester attended and on arrival, crews found a fire in the laundry room on the ground floor, and all occupants safely evacuated from the premises. Four firefighters in breathing apparatus helped tackle the fire, bringing it under control with one hose reel and one covering jet used. Crews also isolated electrics and used a thermal imaging camera to check the rest of the property.


Station Commander Mark Strutt from H&WFRS said: "The fire had broken out in a tumble drier in the laundry room at the back of the pub, just near the kitchen. While there was significant damage to the laundry room itself, the swift intervention of fire crews prevented further spread to the rest of the pub."

The fire was under control by 8.20pm with no one injured during the incident.