Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2012 » February » Any doubt, call us out!

Any doubt, call us out!

in News

The reminder follows a fire in the chimney of a woodburning stove at a property in Scar Lane in Woolhope on Sunday evening (19 February).

Crews were alerted to the incident at around 6.45pm and one fire engine from Fownhope and one from Hereford attended. Firefighters had to dismantle the stove to gain access to the chimney, and used chimney rods and thermal imaging equipment to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.

The Fire Service is reminding that any delay in tackling a chimney fire can allow the blaze to develop and spread, risking more extensive damage or injury, so don't hesitate to call for help if you suspect your chimney may be on fire.