Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2011 » March » Fire at house in Bromyard

Fire at house in Bromyard

On arrival, firefighters found that the fire had spread from the ground floor utility room into the first floor bedroom above and so requested extra resources to help tackle the blaze.


Two pumps from Bromyard and two from Worcester attended and firefighters in breathing apparatus used two hose reels to bring the fire under control by around 1.45am yesterday morning (Monday 21 March).

Central Networks were also called out to isolate the electricity to the property.

Station Commander Steve Jordan from H&WFRS said: "Thankfully a young male at the address heard the smoke alarm activate and he alerted the rest of his family who were able to evacuate safely from the house.

"While no one was hurt during the incident, there was smoke damage throughout the property and fire damage in the utility room and the bedroom above it."

He explained that this incident could have proved far more serious without the early warning from the smoke alarm and urged people to take this as a reminder to check that their own smoke alarms are in good working order.

The fire is believed to have started in the tumble drier located in the utility room.