Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2013 » April » Warning following bungalow fire

Warning following bungalow fire

Crews from Kidderminster (x2), Stourport and Bewdley attended, arriving to find a fire in a bedroom that was extinguished with six firefighters in breathing apparatus, three hose reels and two covering jets used.

The bedroom was completely destroyed in the fire and there was severe heat and smoke damage throughout the remainder of the property.

The fire is believed to have been started by an electrical fault.

Watch Commander Len Rees from HWFRS said: “This fire caused extensive damage throughout the entire property and one of the occupants also needed treatment for smoke inhalation after trying to extinguish the fire himself.”

He urged anyone discovering a fire in their home or workplace to get out of the property and call 999 rather than putting themselves at risk by attempting to tackle the fire themselves.

There were no working smoke alarms in the property and WC Rees also reminded people to ensure they have a smoke alarm fitted on every level of their home and to test each alarm on a regular basis.