Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2010 » April » Redditch House Firev

Redditch House Firev

At 07:44Hrs, on Thursday 22nd April 2010, Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a house fire in Upper Field Close, Redditch, Worcestershire.


The occupier having been alerted by a smoke alarm, had vacated the terraced bungalow prior to the arrival two crews from Redditch Fire Station. Once on scene, fire fighters used breathing apparatus and hose reel to extinguish the fire which had started in an electrical appliance located in the living room. After the fire was extinguished, the smoke was then ventilated.

Paramedics and Police were also in attendance.

Duty Station Manager Steve Fox of Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service said:

“This incident clearly demonstrates the benefit of having working smoke alarms in your home –warning you in time to escape before intoxicating smoke and fire spreads. Smoke alarms should be checked every week and if the battery needs changing –then change it immediately.

Further information about fire safety can be obtained by calling Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service’s FREEPHONE NUMBER 0800 032 1155.