Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2011 » November » Fire at Garden Centre

Fire at Garden Centre

The fire had broken out in the roof space of the garden centre café and was discovered by the owners of the business as they arrived to open up.


Two fire engines from Kidderminster and one from Bewdley were quickly at the scene, and firefighters in breathing apparatus went into the café area and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

Positive pressure ventilation equipment was then used to clear smoke from the building.

No one was injured and the stop message was given at 7.45am.

Confirming that the cause of the fire was electrical, Watch Commander Adrian Farmer from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (H&WFRS) said: "It was extremely fortunate that the fire was discovered when it was. There was heavy smoke logging throughout the premises and damage to around five square metres of roof space in the corner of the café, but it could easily have been far worse."

He urged everyone to ensure they have smoke alarms fitted in their premises and to test them regularly.