Gas Leak in Evesham
One fire engine from Evesham attended the incident along with a station commander and crews gave advice to those inside nearby properties to keep doors and windows closed. A 30metre safety zone was put in place and the presence of flammable gases monitored with specialist equipment from the fire appliance.
Station Commander Mark Strutt said: "This could have been a much more serious incident without the early warning. If you discover a gas leak don't operate electrical equipment of any kind or use naked flames. Evacuate the immediate area, raise the alarm and dial 999 from a safe distance – well away from the leak or smell of gas."
After immediate risks were controlled, the incident was left was left with the Gas Board.