Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2010 » November » House fire in Clent

House fire in Clent

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) were called to reports of a house fire in Bromsgrove Road in Clent (North Worcestershire) at around 6.40pm last night (Thursday 25 November).

One pump from Kidderminster and one from Bromsgrove attended and on arrival, crews found a fire in the ground floor kitchen of the unoccupied house.

Four firefighters in breathing apparatus helped tackle the fire and using two hose reel jets and a safety jet, they brought the fire under control just after 9pm.

Positive pressure ventilation (PPV) equipment was then used to clear the smoke from the building.

Station Manager Dave Williams explained: "The occupier returned to the house to find a fire had broken out in the kitchen and so alerted the Fire Service. While the property was extensively smoke damaged, fire damage was confined to the kitchen area only."

He confirmed that the investigation into how the fire started is focusing on a portable heater.