Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2011 » September » House fire in Middle Littleton

House fire in Middle Littleton

Fire crews from Evesham and Broadway plus two from Warwickshire (Bidford and Stratford) attended and on arrival, found a severe fire in a first floor bedroom at the house. With two firefighters in breathing apparatus, two hose reels and a covering jet in use, the fire was brought under control by 11.30am.


The occupants of the house were safely out of the property as crews arrived, and were checked for the effects of smoke inhalation.

One bedroom was gutted by fire while two other bedrooms suffered slight fire damage and smoke logging. There was also some water damage on the ground floor.

Watch Commander Julian Jenkins from H&WFRS said: "Fortunately the fire was noticed fairly quickly, both by the occupants of the house and by a man who saw smoke coming from the property as he walked past.

"Crews were quickly at the scene and they found an intense fire burning in one of the bedrooms. Their prompt actions helped limit the spread of fire, with the ground floor of the house largely unaffected."

WC Jenkins praised the passer-by for alerting the emergency services and urged everyone to ensure they have a working smoke alarm fitted on every floor of their home.

He confirmed that police and fire officers were investigating how the fire started.