Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2010 » November » Fire at furnishing company

Fire at furnishing company

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) were called to reports of a fire at a large furniture manufacturing company on the Hartlebury Trading Estate in Kidderminster just before 9am this morning.

Two pumps from Kidderminster, one from Stourport and one from Droitwich attended, with four fighters in breathing apparatus helping tackle the fire with the use of both carbon dioxide and dry powder extinguishers.

The fire, believed to have been caused by an electrical fault, was brought under control by around 10.20am.

Crew Manager Tony Wilks from Kidderminster said: "While there was severe damage to the electrical store cupboard at the premises, firefighters were able to prevent the fire from spreading into the main factory area, minimising any disruption to production."

The incident was left with Central Networks.