National Chip Week
Monday 16 February 2015 - Sunday 22nd February 2015
National Chip Week encourages people to enjoy chips of all shapes and sizes! Are you a lover of the chip?
Here are a few tips to ensure you enjoy your chips safely:
- If the oil starts to smoke, it’s too hot. Turn off the heat and leave it to cool.
- Use a thermostat controlled electric deep fat fryer for chips. They can’t overheat.
- Do not leave cooking unattended and avoid children being alone in the kitchen when cooking on the hob.
- Don’t overfill a chip pan with oil – never fill it more than one third full.
- Make sure food is dry before putting it in hot oil so it doesn’t splash.