Archive for "home fire safety"
Monday 18 March 2019
A new eye-catching campaign highlighting the everyday accidents that can cause fire in the home has been launched by the Home Office.
Wednesday 13 March 2019
Smokers are being warned that they must wake up to the deadly dangers of smoking - especially when tired.
Friday 01 March 2019
Every home needs a smoke alarm on the ceiling of every floor. This is the latest advice from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) which has seen a 40% reduction in the number of house fires in the 10 years 2009-2018, largely due to the fitting of smoke alarms.
Monday 18 February 2019
In response to C4 Dispatches, 18 February 2019, HWFRS issues updated information to residents of high-rise accommodation in Worcestershire.
Tuesday 05 February 2019
Two Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service crews from Redditch were called to reports of a terraced house fire at around 12:15 on 3 February 2019.
Friday 01 February 2019
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) was called to a carbon monoxide (CO) leak in Kidderminster last night. Fortunately a working CO detector had saved the lives of the family of seven.
Wednesday 16 January 2019
Most people are not aware that the average smoke alarm has a lifespan of ten years and then needs replacing.
Monday 26 November 2018
In the last three years 15% of house fires in Herefordshire and Worcestershire were caused by heating appliances, resulting in two deaths and 18 injuries. Here HWFRS offers advice to avoid winter warming becoming a seasonal tragedy.
Monday 19 November 2018
Nationally 11 accidental electrical fires a day affect people aged 65 and over, and Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) is asking people to check on older neighbours and friends, during Electrical Fire Safety Week.