Archive for "home safety"
Monday 25 March 2019
Each year cooking causes more accidental fires in the home than anything else.
Monday 11 March 2019
After a spate of fires involving chimneys and woodburning stoves, Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service is urging homeowners to get their chimneys swept by a registered sweep to prevent chimney damage, and, in worse cases, household fires.
Friday 01 March 2019
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service has been called to an unexpectedly high number of refuse and rubbish fires, especially involving wheelie bins, over the last two weeks.
Friday 15 February 2019
During February half term, many children across Herefordshire and Worcestershire will be spending more time in the kitchen, so HWFRS is issuing vital safety messages to people across the two counties ahead of the school break.
Wednesday 16 January 2019
Most people are not aware that the average smoke alarm has a lifespan of ten years and then needs replacing.
Thursday 20 December 2018
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) is urging residents of the two counties to put fire safety at the top of their Christmas lists.
Monday 12 November 2018
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS), is supporting Product Safety Week, encouraging local residents to follow some simple safety tips when buying large domestic appliances online.
Friday 02 November 2018
The investigation of the fatal house fire in Cotheridge on Sunday 28 October has concluded that it was accidentally caused by the over-heating of an unwound electrical extension reel located under furniture.
Monday 29 October 2018
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service warns parents to keep their children safe on Halloween by wearing 'fire-safer' costumes and avoiding candles and naked flames.
Monday 19 September 2016
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (HWFRS) has pledged its support for the sixth annual Gas Safety Week (19 - 25 September); that sees the whole industry come together to bring gas safety to the forefront of people's minds. If left unchecked, poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning.