2 in 3 people who died in domestic fires had a smoke alarm that didn't work. Check your smoke alarm every week - Push the button, not your luck!
Find out about a Home Fire Safety Check
Find out how to keep your family and friends safe:
- Smoke Alarms
- Carbon Monoxide
- Electric Blankets
- Chimney Fire Safety
- Escape routes
- Fire Safety Advice for Gypsies & Travellers
- Fire Safety Advice for Students in Rented Accommodation
Click for more Home Safety advice...
The Competent Persons Register website has been developed to help the consumer search for and find a registered Competent Person in one of the following trades:
- Ventilation - Air Conditioning
A Competent Person must be registered with a scheme that has been approved by The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
The Fire and Rescue Service attend around twice as many road incidents as domestic house fires each year.
Remember the following key points on every trip:
- Never use your mobile phone whilst driving
- Never drink & drive
- Cut your speed
- Take a break every two hours
- Keep your distance
- Check your tyre pressures and tread regularly
Click here for more Road Safety advice...
Water may look safe, but it can be dangerous. Learn to spot and keep away from dangers
- Never jump or dive into rivers unless you know the depth
- Be aware of strong currents and don't go near weirs, locks, pipes and sluices
- Take notice of warning signs, safety information or flags.
- Water can be very cold even in the summer causing cramp and breathing difficulties.
- Keep away from the rivers edge and closely supervise young children.
- Wear the recommended safety equipment for your activity, eg: life jackets/helmets.
- Be warned - airbeds, etc can be carried into deep water and may not keep you afloat.
- Consuming alcohol may impair your ability and judgment
- Get trained in life saving and resuscitation techniques.
- Teach children to swim and not to go into water alone.
Click here for more Water Safety advice...