Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2010 » August » Kitchen Fire at Swan Inn, Whittington

Kitchen Fire at Swan Inn, Whittington

At 17:10pm on Wednesday 04, August 2010 Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a kitchen fire at the Swan Inn, Whittington, Worcester. 


Three appliances from Worcester fire station attended the incident and on arrival found a commercial kitchen measuring approximately 10m x 6m with a fryer on fire.

Fire crews used breathing apparatus, hose reels and extinguishers to bring the fire under control and extinguish the flames; they then began a process of damping down and cutting away to prevent re-ignition. Watch Manager Graham McKechnie said;

"Once staff realized that a fire had started, prompt action in evacuating the building, closing fire doors behind them and alerting the emergency services limited the spread of fire in the property."