Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2012 » December » Flat Fire in Worcester

Flat Fire in Worcester

 Fire engines from Worcester (x2), Malvern and Droitwich attended, and a fire in a first floor flat was extinguished with four firefighters in breathing apparatus, one hose reel and one safety jet used.

Fire crews also led a man from the flat to safety and he was taken by ambulance to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

There was smoke damage throughout the flat and a small amount of fire damage in a bedroom.

Watch Commander Keith Peters from HWFRS said: “Fortunately the smoke alarm raised the alarm and crews quickly brought the fire under control, without further spread.”

He confirmed that the cause of the fire had been linked to discarded smoking materials and he highlighted the Fire Service’s Put it Out, Right Out advice, which reminds smokers to take care when disposing of cigarette ends and matches.

He also thanked the residents of other flats for their co-operation during the incident.