Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2012 » December » Kitchen Fire Droitwich

Kitchen Fire Droitwich

 When crews from Droitwich and Bromsgrove arrived at the property they entered the kitchen and found a coat, which was hanging on the back of a kitchen door, had caught light after coming into contact with a hob on a gas cooker.

Station Commander Martin Lown from Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, said: “The occupant of the property did the right thing by getting out of the property straight away. Fire crews released her dog which was still inside.

“The firefighters put the fire out quickly but there was a lot of smoke damage to the kitchen. Once the property had been ventilated we offered the occupant a home fire safety check, where we discuss possible fire risks in the home and fit smoke alarms where necessary. We also visited neighbouring properties to offer them a home fire safety check.”