Biker Down- upcoming courses (May & June)
The following Biker Down courses have been announced (please note, each course is limited to 20-25 attendees. Places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis):
- Sunday 21st May - Worcester, Worcestershire (10am-1pm)
- Saturday 17th June - Peterchurch, Herefordshire (10am-1pm)
- Sunday 25th June - Telford, Shropshire (10am-1pm)
Biker Down is free to attend. Once a booking is agreed, we would ask that it is honoured as spaces on the course are much sought after and non-attendance means someone else will have missed out.
If you would like to attend one of these courses, please email email@example.com stating 'Biker Down Course Application' with the following details:
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
It will then be confirm if you definitely have a place or not. Full location details will be given upon confirmation of booking.
Background information about Biker Down:
- Biker Down is a free three-hour course, offering potentially life-saving skills to bikers across Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Shropshire and Warwickshire.
- The course is being delivered in partnership by a number of organisations who all have a vested interest in reducing motorcycle-related collisions and reducing the severity of injuries sustained, including: the Safer Roads Partnership in Warwickshire and West Mercia, West Mercia Police, Warwickshire Police, Midlands Air Ambulance, IAM RoadSmart, Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service and Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service.
- Designed for motorcyclists of all ages and abilities, Biker Down offers bikers the chance to learn practical skills to help avoid being involved in a collision, as well as essential first-aid training and advice on what to do should they find themselves first at the scene of a collision where a motorcyclist is injured. The course is made up of three modules: Collision scene management, Basic first aid and casualty care (including CPR and helmet removal) and 'The science of being seen' - advice on visibility and positioning.
- Biker Down is a national course which originated in Kent and has already been adopted by numerous other areas across the UK including Gloucestershire, Dyfed Powys and West Midlands.