Cellar Fire in Worcester
he initial call was received at 6am and three fire crews from Worcester attended. They found a fire had broken out in the basement of the property, and firefighters in breathing apparatus used one hose reel to bring the fire under control just before 7am.
Positive pressure ventilation was then used to clear smoke from the basement area of the house and from the basements of two neighbouring properties which were also smoke logged as a result of the fire. Two elderly residents were treated by paramedics for shock and the effects of smoke inhalation.
Station Commander Mark Strutt from H&WFRS said: “Fortunately there was a working smoke alarm at the property and on smelling smoke, the occupants were able to evacuate safely, although they were pretty shaken by the incident.”
He confirmed that the fire had started in an electric intake box in the basement.