Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2010 » August » Chip Pan Fire in Redditch

Chip Pan Fire in Redditch

A man was rescued from his home in Redditch at the weekend following a chip pan fire at the address.

Firefighters were alerted to the fire at the first floor maisonette in Exhall Close shortly after 10.30pm on Saturday 14 August and two appliances from Redditch and one from Bromsgrove attended.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus entered the property and rescued the elderly occupant, who was given treatment at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Positive pressure ventilation equipment was also used to help clear the smoke from the premises and the fire was brought under control shortly after 11pm.

A spokesman for Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service urged anyone using a chip pan to keep an eye on their cooking at all times and never to leave pans unattended. He also reminded people how important it is to have a smoke alarm fitted and to check on a weekly basis that it is working properly.