Jump to main content

News & Events

Home » News & Events » 2011 » August » Shed Fire

Shed Fire

Three crews attended, and firefighters in breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire which had broken out in a garden shed situated between two houses. Both properties suffered smoke logging, a boundary fence was severely damaged and the gas board were called to isolate a mains supply which had begun to leak due to the fire. 


The fire was brought under control by around 3.15pm.

Station Commander Adrian Moore from H&WFRS said: "The shed was completely destroyed during the incident and both properties either side of the shed were also damaged.

If you discover this type of fire raise the alarm and call the Fire Service. Stay clear of the shed – and keep others away because as contents such as aerosol cylinders or gas bottles can cause significant injury to onlookers."