Firefighters rescue puppy from hazmat incident

HWFRS firefighters rescue puppy

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service firefighters rescued a cute puppy from a hazmat incident.

A HWFRS spokesperson said: “We were called out at 1.56pm last Tuesday to a report of hazardous materials in Stoney Lane, Tardebigge. 

“Crews from Bromsgrove, Redditch and Droitwich Fire Stations attended along with the Environmental Protection Unit from Tenbury. 

“They used two breathing apparatus units and a gas monitor in a property, discovering harmful levels of carbon monoxide. 

“The crews allowed natural ventilation to take place and efforts were made to make the scene safe. 

“All people were accounted for and one dog was rescued. 

“Four people were treated at the scene by the ambulance service. 

“The incident status was closed at 4.56pm.”

HWFRS recommends people get carbon monoxide alarms installed in every room with a fuel burning appliance.

You can get more info at