Crews help man out of building after Redditch fire

Redditch fire engine

Firefighters helped a man out of a building in Redditch after being called at 8.30pm on Friday 21 July to a fire with persons reported.

Two Redditch Fire Station crews and one from Bromsgrove attended a four-storey building under development in Prospect Hill.

A man in his 20s was located in a fourth-floor flat with the crews using a 13.5-metre ladder and a security guard arrived to assist with access.

The man, suffering with smoke inhalation and minor burns, was led to safety by firefighters via a stairwell and left in the care of the ambulance service.

The fire had been extinguished prior to the crews’ arrival.

A thorough search of the building was carried out and no hotspots or any more people were found.

The incident was left with the police and security staff at 10.12pm.

  • Two Hereford Fire Station crews extinguished a fire in Marden which saw a shed destroyed by flames.

They used two hose reel jets on the outbuilding, measuring around 8m by 3m, and then a thermal imaging camera to check the scene off Paradise Green.

There were no casualties and the police were informed with arson suspected as the cause of the fire.

HWFRS was called out at 2.09pm on Saturday 22 July and the final crew left the incident at 3.38pm.

  • Two Evesham Fire Station crews responded to a call at 6.05pm on Saturday 22 July regarding a hybrid car well alight in Pebworth.

They attended Friday Street and two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using one hose reel jet.

The crews’ actions prevented the fire spreading to a nearby garage and they dampened down the surrounding area before leaving the incident at 7.58pm.

  • An out-of-control bonfire was believed to have led to a blaze in Wolverley involving a large pile of seasoned wood and a treehouse.

Numerous calls came in from 4.16pm on Sunday 23 July with two Wyre Forest Fire Station crews and the water carrier from Leominster attending the incident off the B4189.

One firefighter wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire with a hose reel jet before two extended hose reel jets and turning over were used to dampen down the scene.

The final crews left the incident at 7.41pm.