Help your community - become a Fire Service Volunteer
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service is seeking to recruit Community Volunteers who can help support our efforts to promote a broad range of safety initiatives in local communities. These include:
- actively engaging with vulnerable members of the community
- supporting Safe and Well Checks
- assisting with public safety events and fire safety talks
- helping with intervention and education initiatives
- working with other organisations to reduce the number of traffic collisions
- supporting firefighters training
Our Community Volunteers are ordinary people from all walks of life who want to actively make a difference within their local community, helping to reduce the risk to those most at risk.
HWFRS is keen to recruit anyone who can commit to an average of six hours a month and can demonstrate:
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team
- excellent timekeeping and organisation skills
- a basic level of computer literacy
It would be desirable, but not essential, that volunteers hold a full, clean driving license and have access to a vehicle.
Read about some of our Community Volunteers, and if you want to make a difference within your community, learn new skills, and join a dynamic, motivated and hardworking team, please complete the application form. Alternatively, direct any questions you have to our Volunteer Coordinators via email.
Please note: It is a requirement of the role that all volunteers must undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring (DBS) check, full details of which are available within the application pack.