Help your community
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service is seeking to recruit Community Volunteers who can help support its efforts to promote a broad range of safety initiatives in local communities. These include:
- Actively engaging with vulnerable members of the community
- Supporting Home Fire Safety Checks
- Assisting with public safety events and fire safety talks
- Helping with intervention and education initiatives
- Working with other organisations to reduce the number of traffic collisions
- Supporting firefighters training
Our Community Volunteers are ordinary people from all walks of life who want to actively make a difference within their local community, helping to reduce the risk to those most at risk.
HWFRS is keen to recruit anyone who can commit to an average of six hours a month and can demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and organisation skills
- A basic level of computer literacy
It would be desirable, but not essential, that volunteers hold a full, clean driving license and have access to a vehicle.
If you want to make a difference within you community, enhance your CV, learn new skills and join a dynamic, motivated and hardworking team, please request an application form or direct any questions you have to our Volunteer Coordinator tel: 0800 032 1155 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: It is a requirement of the role that all volunteers must undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring (DBS) check, full details of which are available within the application pack.