Help your community - become a Fire Service Volunteer
Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service is seeking to recruit Community Volunteers who can help support its efforts to promote a broad range of safety initiatives in local communities. These include:
- actively engaging with vulnerable members of the community
- supporting Home Fire Safety Checks
- assisting with public safety events and fire safety talks
- helping with intervention and education initiatives
- working with other organisations to reduce the number of traffic collisions
- supporting firefighters training
Our Community Volunteers are ordinary people from all walks of life who want to actively make a difference within their local community, helping to reduce the risk to those most at risk.
HWFRS is keen to recruit anyone who can commit to an average of six hours a month and can demonstrate:
- good communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team
- excellent timekeeping and organisation skills
- a basic level of computer literacy
It would be desirable, but not essential, that volunteers hold a full, clean driving license and have access to a vehicle.
If you want to make a difference within you community, learn new skills, and join a dynamic, motivated and hardworking team, please request an application form or direct any questions you have to our Volunteer Coordinator by calling 0800 032 1155 or contacting them via email.
Please note: It is a requirement of the role that all volunteers must undertake an enhanced disclosure and barring (DBS) check, full details of which are available within the application pack.