Our current vacancies are listed below, please click for more details:
37 hours per week
£20,092 – 21,748
Operational Logistics, Betony Road, Malvern
This role provides an opportunity to work in the Operational Logistics department, which is at the heart of all fleet, equipment, supplies and water (hydrant) distribution, maintenance and procurement for the Service. It will include supporting our front-line personnel as well as other departments across the Service.
As a Logistics Technician you will represent the department across all stations and sites as you deliver and distribute goods, items and equipment on the courier run. You will also be involved in sourcing, purchasing, stocking, picking, distributing and replacing a range of equipment and supplies. In addition, you will support the roll-out of big ticket projects which will involve preparing equipment, setting up and tracking items with our Redkite EMS asset tracking system.
Your role will provide resilience as required to other departments, including contributing to the maintenance and servicing requirements of the Service’s fleet and equipment provision. A full job description and person specification can be found in the attachments below.
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to join us
• 20 days annual leave per year. In addition, you will be entitled to the normal Bank/Public Holidays
• 2 extra statutory days and 2 concessionary days
• Flexible working, including a flexi time scheme
• Access to a local government pension scheme
• Free car parking at the Operational Logistics site and across our 25 fire stations
• Access to the Blue Light Card – the UK’s largest Emergency Services discount card
Apply online through the WMJobs website. A job description and person specification for the role can also be found on this page.
Closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 8 November 2020. Interviews to be held w/c 23 November 2020.
£27,741 – £29,577 per annum
37 hours per week
Based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park, WR3 8SP
A permanent opportunity has arisen in the Performance and Information Department, based at Service Headquarters, for a Performance Analyst. The post holder will be responsible for managing, analysing and providing performance information for Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service and external agencies, enabling the organisation to continually improve and manage risk data.
The ideal applicant will be in possession of a Degree / Level 5 qualification in information technology/management information/statistics.
Experience and knowledge:
• Managing performance systems/data and providing data, management and performance information to support organisational change and improvement.
• Working with complex, relational databases and system administration skills.
• Using a wide range of IT applications, including spreadsheets, databases and reporting tools for analytical purposes
• Excellent numerical skills and proven ability to assimilate, analyse and present statistical data and management information.
• Excellent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft packages and performance management software.
• Good communication skills
• Proven ability to progress & prioritise multiple work assignments with minimal supervision
Reasons to Join Us
• 28 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 33 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
• Access to a local government pension scheme.
• Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
The closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Friday 30th October. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 17th November. Applications to be made online through WMJobs, a full job description and person specification can also be found on this application page.
The successful applicant will be subject to a NPPV Level 2 Vetting Check, as we are co-located on West Mercia Police premises.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Group Commander Adrian Farmer on 07833 047732.
How can I find out more about the on-call firefighter role?
Take a look at the information about
becoming an on-call firefighter, and also read the case studies of some of our current on-call crew. To find out more, you can register your interest with us (details below) and when our recruitment process is active once again, we will contact you for a chat about the role or we’ll invite you to an awareness session. Awareness sessions are arranged to give anyone interested more information about the role, the selection process and the organisation. Sessions last approximately 2 hours.
How does it feel to wear fire kit? How fit do I need to be and what support could I have if I need it? How can I fit the role of on-call firefighter around my main job or family life? Come along to an awareness session and find out!
To find out more about how on-call works, please see our FAQs.
Registering your interest
If you would like us to contact you once our recruitment process is active once again, please complete our
on-call firefighter expression of interest form via WM Jobs (an external public sector jobs board). If your local fire station is not currently recruiting for on-call firefighters, you can still register your interest and we will contact you when the station has vacancies.
If you have any queries, please contact the HR department on 01905 368 343 or email us at email@example.com.
For more information about on-call firefighters please visit our on-call firefighter page.
We are committed to attracting and recruiting quality people and we welcome all sections of the community.