Our current vacancies are listed below:
£34,834 – £ 36,648 per annum
Full-time (37 hours per week) or Part-time (job share)
Based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park, WR3 8SP
A permanent opportunity has arisen in the Performance and Information department, which is currently based at Service Headquarters in Hindlip, for a Performance Analyst. The post holder will be responsible for managing, analysing and providing performance information for Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service and external agencies, enabling the organisation to continually improve and manage risk data.
Although the ideal applicant will be in possession of a degree Level 6 qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. information management, statistics, programming, geography), this is not essential requirement for the post. We welcome applications from professionals having equivalent knowledge and skills gained through work experience in similar roles.
Experience and knowledge:
• Significant administrative experience in managing a database on a daily basis.
• Understanding the relationships between large and complex datasets to identify the drivers behind performance changes.
• Using a wide range of programmes and reporting tools for analytical purposes, e.g. mapping software, statistical software, data visualisation software.
• Excellent numerical skills and proven ability to assimilate, analyse, interpret and present data.
• Ability to identify problems and suggest and implement solutions.
• Good communication skills to explain complex analytical outputs and to deliver trainings, when required.
• Proven ability to progress and prioritise multiple work assignments with a minimal supervision.
• Evidence of continuous professional development.
Every day we are helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are many other roles that people do not see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
• 29 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 34 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
• Access to the Local Government Pension scheme.
• Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours and place of work (2 days home / 3 days office) after successful completion of the probation period.
• Free car parking at Service Headquarters and across our 25 fire stations.
• Access to canteen facilities and an on-site gym.
• Access to the Blue Light Card – the UK’s largest Emergency Services discount card.
• Access to the Firefighters Charity welfare support.
• Access to the Fire Brigade Union.
Apply online through our WM Jobs application page. The closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Sunday 14tJanuary 2024. Interviews will be held on the 23 of January 2024 (Tuesday). The interview will include a practical work-based assessment.
The successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment checks including a standard DBS check and a social media screening check. The successful applicant will also be subject to a NPPV Level 2 Vetting Check, as we are co-located on West Mercia Police premises.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Dr. Magdalena Sadys on 07825 863371 or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that the department may be moved to one of our local fire stations.
Protection Department Vacancies
£22,369 - £24,054 per annum
37 hours per week, Fixed Term (24 Months)
Based at Hereford/Bromsgrove
We are looking for an individual to join the administrative team within our Protection (Business Fire Safety) Department. Working a 37 hour week, the successful applicant will primarily be responsible for co-ordinating the Protection department’s administrative functions, including liaising with multi-agency partners, working with our team of Fire Safety Inspectors to record Business fire safety and enforcement information, gathering customer feedback and reviewing daily incidents.
£21,575 - £21,968 per annum pro rata
18.5 hours per week Part Time, Fixed Term (24 Months)
Based at Hereford/Bromsgrove
We are looking for an individual to join the administrative team within our Protection (Business Fire Safety) Department. Working a 18.5 hour week, the successful applicant will primarily be responsible for aligning our risk information databases to assist us determining our risk based inspection program of premises within Herefordshire and Worcestershire. The role will require good attention to detail, significant data entry and supporting the department with its administrative functions.
Reasons to Join Us
• 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ continuous service). In addition, you will be entitled to the normal Bank/Public Holidays
• Flexible working, including a flexi time scheme
• Access to a local government pension scheme
• Access to the Blue Light Card – the UK’s largest Emergency Services discount card
If these positions sound like the roles for you and you are interested in finding out more please refer to the job description and person specification in the first instance (attached to the WM Jobs advert pages). For any further information or an informal discussion please contact Station Commander Dan Willey on 0790053355, or by emailing email@example.com
Whilst these roles are based at either Hereford or Bromsgrove Fire Station, please enquire about the potential for flexibility to suit.
To apply, please complete an online application through our WM Jobs application page.
Successful candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks including a standard DBS check and a social media screening check. Please note the closing date for these vacancies is 11:59pm on 26 November 2023. Interviews are scheduled to be held week commencing 4 December 2023.
How can I find our more about the on-call firefighter role?
Take a look at the information about becoming an on-call firefighter, and also read the case studies of some of our current on-call crew. To find out more, you can register your interest with us, we will contact you for a chat about the role or we’ll invite you to an awareness session. Awareness sessions are arranged to give anyone interested more information about the role, the selection process and the organisation. Sessions last approximately 2 hours.
Please be aware that from the 1st November 2023 those newly appointed to the role of an On Call Firefighter will be required to undertake a standard Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and this will be carried out as part of the recruitment process.
From the 1st September 2023 those newly appointed to the role of On Call Firefighter will be required to undertake a Social Media screening check. This will be carried out during the pre employment checks stage of the recruitment process and will be arranged by the Recruitment Team.
If you have any questions regarding these checks please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How does it feel to wear fire kit? How fit do I need to be and what support could I have if I need it? How can I fit the role of on-call firefighter around my main job or family life? Come along to an awareness session and find out!
To find out more about how on-call works, please see our FAQs.
Registering your interest
If you would like us to contact you once our recruitment process is active once again, please complete our on-call firefighter expression of interest form via WM Jobs (an external public sector jobs board). If your local fire station is not currently recruiting for on-call firefighters, you can still register your interest and we will contact you when the station has vacancies.
If you have any queries, please contact the HR department on 01905 368 343 or email us at email@example.com.
For more information about on-call firefighters please visit our on-call firefighter page.
HWFRS values equality of opportunity and developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage everyone who has the necessary skills and experience to apply.